University of British Columbia Graduate Admission Deadline, English Language Requirements, The UBC’s Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Graduate Degree Programs Chart.
University of British Columbia Graduate Studies is ongoing for all interested applicants: Learn more about our Graduate Studies, Application processes, Programs, and Admission Requirements:
University of British Columbia Graduate Admission Deadline
- Kindly click here to view.
English is one of the two official languages of Canada, and the primary language of instruction at UBC, so all applicants are expected to meet verification.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
The required minimum TOEFL score for all applicants to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is:
- At least 90 for the internet-based exam (with least component grade scores of 22 [reading, listening] and 21 [writing, speaking]) or
- 55 each for reading, listening, and writing in the paper-based test, with 4.0 on the Test of Written English (TWE).
Some programs required a higher score.TOEFL scores must be issued to UBC directly from the Educational Testing Centre. Be sure that you include the following on your TOEFL sheet
- use the UBC’s institution code 0965
- Provide the reason for taking TOEFL “to enter a college or university as a graduate student”.
IELTS (International English Language Testing Service)
- A minimum general band score of 5 is essential with a minimum grade score of 6.0 in each section of the academic IELTS test.
Be sure that you include the following on your IELTS sheet
- Name and address of college/institution/university: The University of British Columbia – Graduate School Admissions
- Address: 170-6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver BC V6T 1Z2, Canada
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
- A maximum general score of 70 is necessary with a grade score of 60 on the speaking sub-test.
UBC requires an official paper record of this test.
UBC English Language Institute
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP): all candidates must accomplish a 75% in each part of the 600 level.
PTE (Pearson Test of English – Academic)
- A minimum in general score of 65 on the academic (NOT general) test is mandatory with a maximum score of 60 reading, 60 writing, 60 listening, and 60 speaking.
UBC requires an official paper record
Graduate Application Fees:
- Canadians (and Permanent Residents,Refugees,Diplomats): $108.00
- International Applicants (CDN) $168.25.
A minimum of three references is needed for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic aptitude and credentials.
In the online application system, applicants are asked to provide an email address for each referee.
- Click here to check
- Click here to fill in the appropriate information
- Click on next to proceed.