University of Northern British Columbia Admission Requirements steps to apply, English language Proficiency test Requirements, admission is open for all Nationals.
Admission into the University of Northern British Columbia is ongoing for all interested students who want to apply.
University of Northern British Columbia Admission Requirements
The University of Northern British Columbia Admission Requirement and Admission Process is as follows:
Steps to apply for admission are as follows;
- Explore your required Program through unbc.ca/apply/
- Submit here [email protected]
- Accept and confirm your offer
For indigenous students – confirm your Sponsorship with your community
International students – apply for visa /study permit
- Register for classes – register for the semester or visit [email protected]
- Attain orientation – Register for orientation
- You have arrived – Get your student ID and U-pass
– Plan on driving
For International Student Admission
Admission with a General Certificate of Education (GEC) or Equivalent
For admission from a GCE system (or equal) a maximum of two higher (A) level subjects and three Ordinary (O) level subjects, must be accomplished with a general grade point standard of C or higher in order to be considered for admission. All A-level subjects presented for admission must have a grade of at least C.
Satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency may be any one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 90 or higher in the internet-based test, with not less than 20 in each of the Reading, Listening, and Writing or speaking components. Students must Score at least 230 in the computer-based test or at least 570 in the paper-based test. the UNBC’s institutional TOEFL code is 0320;
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) school score of at least 6.5 general, with not less than 6.0 in any of the four modules;
- Duo lingo English Test score of 105 or higher;
- A final grade of 2.00 (C) or better in the UNBC English Language Studies 50 and English Language Studies 170;
- A final grade of 2.00 (C) or improved in an articulated BCCAT EAP 4 program;
- A final grade of 50% or better in English 12 from the British Columbia secondary system;
- A final grade of 75% (B) or better in a University convenient with an English language course;
- Completion of two full years of full-time degree-level studies or comparable at a standard institution where English is the language of tutoring;
- A final grade of 2 or better in Advanced Placement (AP) English Literature & Composition or AP Literature & Composition;
- Student must have a final grade score of at least 3 or better in International Baccalaureate (IB) English A1 or A2 (higher or subsidiary level);
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) score of at least 80, with a bare minimum of 3 on the Speaking Rating range;
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) or the CAEL CE (Computer Edition) Assessment score of at least 70, with no subtest below 60;
- A grade of B or better on Cambridge English requirement C1 Advanced;
- PTE (Pearson Test of English – Academic): general score of 65, with not less than 60 in each of reading, writing, listening, and speaking.