University Canada West Scholarship Requirements, Test Minimum Score, English Proficiency Language
Canada West University Admission is ongoing for all interested students both indigenous and international candidates who want to apply.
Canada West University Admission Requirements
General Admission Requirements
Secondary School Applicants who have graduated from British Columbia secondary school (high school) or equal are required to have, at maximum, the equivalent of a BC high school (Grade 12) diploma, with a general average of C.
If you have graduated from high school but do not meet up with the minimum grade levels, you may still be measured for admittance if you have effectively finished at least 30 academic post-secondary credits at a standard institute.
|TEST||MINIMUM SCORE ADMISSION|
|Academic IELTS or IELTS Indicator 1||6.5 in general with a maximum of 6.0 in the writing band|
|CAEL or CAEL Online||70 general with least amount of 60 in each subset|
|Cambridge Test 2||176 general|
|Duolingo 3||110 overall|
|Password||6.5 overall with minimum of 6.0 in the writing band|
|PTE Academic||61 overall with bare minimum score of 60 in writing|
|TOEFL iBT||88 generally with bare minimum of 20 in each component|
1 IELTS Indicator is the new online academic test designed to support you during the COVID-19 situation to help keep your education goals on track.
2 The Cambridge score can come from any of the following three tests:
- Cambridge B2 First,
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency.
3 UCW is currently piloting the acceptance of Duolingo as proof of English aptitude necessities. This is applicable to applications received until end of 2021.
- The essential score on a recognized English proficiency test.
- Successful completion of a maximum of 30 credits of post-secondary education from a recognized institution where English is the language of instruction and where the school is situated in a country where English is an official language.
- Successful completion of University Canada West’s University Access Program (English preparation courses),
- Successful completion of other documented English preparation courses where students have demonstrated English proficiency equivalent to an academic IELTS score of 6.5 or better,
- Successful completion of BC English 12 or English 12 First Peoples (or equivalent) with a final grade of 65% (C) or better (including the provincial exam if applicable) ) taken in Canada as part of a high school graduation program,
- Completion of International Baccalaureate English A1/A2 or English Literature and presentation,
- Successful completion of a 3 credit academic English course with a maximum C grade from a Canadian post-secondary institution. The credits must be appropriate to be transferred to University Canada West as transfer credits,
- Graduation from a secondary school attended for three (3) or more consecutive years of full time education where English was the language of instruction and where the school is located in a country where English is an official language,
- Graduation from a recognized secondary school attended for four (4) or more consecutive years of full time education where English was the language of instruction but operates in a country where English is not a primary language.
The Admission Committee possibly will require the proof of English language proficiency from applicants who attended English language-based education systems if the Committee sees deficiencies in language aptitude when the application package is reviewed.
See also>>>>>>>>>Algoma University Admission Requirements