Toronto Dominion Bank Requirements for Opening for an Account, Brief about TD Canada Trust Bank, How to apply for credit cards without a Social Security Number (SSN).
Toronto Dominion Bank Requirements For Opening an Account for Immigrants, and international applicants as well.
Brief About Toronto Dominion Bank: TD bank is the safest bank in North America according to Global Finance Magazine. It is also the major bank in Canada by assets and deposits. Record breaks that TD had a market value of US$93 billion. TD Canada Trust – A business of Toronto Bank
How Undocumented Immigrants can get Bank Accounts
What you need to open a bank
At a minimum, a bank is required by law to obtain basic personal information from you when opening an account. Here is what you will provide:
- Name and date of birth to confirm your name and birthday, if you’re undocumented, banks typically require one of the following:
- Unexpired passport
- Government-issued driver’s license
- Consular ID birth certificate
- Proof of address. Banks and credit unions often require proof of a street address to open an account .one of the following can be satisfying these requirements:
- Utility bill
- Current license or municipal
- Identification number. An identification number means one of the following:
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- ITIN (individual Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Alien identification card number
- Any other government-issued document that proves your nationality or residence, such as a passport or foreign drivers license
How to apply for a credit card without a social security number
- Get an individual taxpayer identification number through the above link
- Ensure you meet credit history qualifications
- Consider cards that don’t require a social security number
- Build your credit, with or without a Social Security number
How to apply for ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) this required paperwork
- Kindly click here to view
- Fill in with the appropriate information
- Keep a copy for yourself.
There are banks that don’t require a Social Security Number, so if you’re undocumented it’s still very possible to open an account
List of some credit unions and banks that don’t require Social Security Numbers to open an account
- Bank of America
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- Self-Help Federal Credit Union
- Latino Credit Union
The above-listed banks and unions go out of their way to make the process smoother for immigrants .they require documents like two in number the as well accept ITINs.
How much does it require to open a mobile account in Canada?
Actually, some banks typically don’t charge fees to open a checking account, however, if the bank requires a minimum deposit, you will need that money when you open…..To open an account, you have to buy a share in the credit union, the cost is usually between $5 and $25.