Queens University Application Requirements, This is to inform the student who has been seeking admission into Queens University that the undergraduate admission and recruitment is ongoing.
- Admission requirements
- Deadline for admission processing
- Steps on what to do after applying
- Why do you have to log in to your SOLUS
- How to view your To-Do List
- Summiting your transcript
As an applicant to Queen University, we know that you have questions about the application process, program requirements and so much more. Please continue to monitor this page- as we will continue to make more new information as we get more questions from you, please email us at [email protected]
THE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS IS AS FOLLOWS
Deadline for admission processing | Queens University Application
Below is the deadline for admission processing
Thursday, October 1, 2021
On October 1, students will start applying to Queen’s through the application process at the Ontario Universities Application Centre or you visit [email protected]
Friday, November 20, 2020
- In order to give you enough time to access the online Major Admission Award Application (MAA), we strongly recommend that you apply to Queen’s on OUAC by November 20.
Tuesday, December 1, 2021
- We fix December 1 as the deadline for submitting all online Major Admission Award (MAA) applications on SOLUS (Queen’s online student center). We advise all the students, who are planning to apply for MAA to apply to Queen’s (through OUAC) earlier – by November 15 so that you can access the application as well.
Monday, February 1, 2022
- February 1 is fixing for the deadline for applications, changes, or additions to applications at the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) for all first-year programs, for all applicants worldwide.
Monday, February 15, 2022
- This Deadline is for submitting all supplementary information.
All the details needed about the supplementary information can be found here. At Ontario Universities Application Center (OUAC).
- February 15 is the recommended last day for submitting all current high school transcripts, including the list of the second-semester courses if available.
The Ontario high school students’ currents grades will automatically be forwarded by their high school.
Friday, April 30, 2022
- This is the Deadline for submitting the Equity Admission Self-Identification form.
- Queens University receives Ontario high school grades from the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC).
Last day Queen’s will accept all the documents in support of an application.
Saturday, May 1, 2022
- This deadline is to respond to offers of admission for students not attending high schools in Ontario.
Thursday, May 20, 2022
- All admission decisions are complete at Queen’s and posted on SOLUS.
Tuesday, June 1, 2022
- This Deadline is in response to offers of admission for students attending an Ontario high school. This is also the deadline for all students to receive an offer after May 1.
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
- This Deadline is for residence application and deposit.
Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Final grades and confirmation of OSSD deadline, for Ontario high school students.
Sunday, August 1, 2021
- Final transcripts are due to Queen’s suggestion on August 1.
Please note: Ontario high school students’ deadline is July 15.
Wednesday, September 1, 2022
- The final Transcript deadline is for students studying using the GCE curriculum.
After applying the below information carries the next step
Now that you have applied, don’t sit back because there are a few things you still need to do to keep the application on track, depending on what kind of applicant you are
- If your NetID is not activated, do it as soon as possible because Queen’s NetID is used to access SOLUS which carries the most important information including your To-Do List
- To activate your NetID, use the Queen’s Student ID number that was emailed to you.
When adding @queensu to your safe email senders list ensures that you will receive all your emails from Queens University direct about your application. After all online student accepts an offer of admission; all communications will be sent to their Queen’s student email account.
Queens University has been able to add two new programs for students who wish to study:
Check Queens University admission Requirements
- Life Sciences and Biochemistry
Queen’s is now accepting direct entry into the Life Sciences and Biochemistry BScH programs as one cohort. The first year of the joint programs provides a vital foundation in the sciences. Following first-year students will then split into either the Life Sciences or Biochemistry plans during plan selection that takes place in Spring (students will be able to choose between either program). Some program is also available for general sciences students following the first year.
- Mechatronics and Robotics
In our 2nd new and exciting program is our direct-entry Mechatronics & Robotics program in the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science. There is a unique synthesis of mechatronics and robotics that students will push the boundaries of intelligent autonomous systems and world-changing technologies. Mechatronics and Robotics will not be available through the usual discipline selection process to students who enter through common engineering first year. The prerequisite courses required to apply to this program are the same as those for the Engineering program.
Why you need to log in to the SOLUS center
Note logging in to your SOLUS Centre is to ensure the information (name, mailing address, email address) we have for you is correct. If any of your personal information requires modifications, you can visit [email protected] to submit changes.
Steps To log into SOLUS
- Go to my.queensu.ca
- Enter your NetID and password
- Select the SOLUS tab (under the main menu)
- Review the “Personal Information” section near the bottom of your SOLUS Student Centre page.
- Click “Names” in this section to confirm that your name is spelled correctly.
- From the “Other Personal” menu, select “Addresses” to confirm your mailing address is correct.
- From the “Other Personal” menu, select “Email Addresses” to confirm that your applicant’s email address is correct.
How to view your To-Do List
Your To Do List is located on the right-hand side of your SOLUS Student Centre. Your To-Do List may be updated frequently throughout the application period so it is important to review it often. When your To Do List is empty, it means we have received all of the required documents (information). Please note that there will be a delay in the To-Do List appearing in SOLUS (approximately 3-5 business days) from the time your NetID is created.
How to Submit Documents
You must have your school, governing body, or test center sends us your documents.
All documents may be submitted by:
- email (preferred): [email protected]
You can transcripts mailed directly from the student. Documents will only be deemed official if they are forwarded by the student in the original signed and sealed envelope. Any photocopies will be denied official only if they are certified by the school principal or counselor(authority) and sent from the school in a sealed school envelope.
Submitting your final transcript
Your transcripts depend on the province/country where you are currently enrolled in school your final transcript should be sent to us from any of the following:
|Canadian Province/Country||Send transcript from:|
|MB, NB, NS, PEI, NL||Directly from your high school|
|AB, BC, YK, NU, SK, NT||Directly from your Ministry of Education|
|ON||Automatically sent via OUAC|
|QC||Automatically sent via OUAC if Quebec CEGEP code is present|
|USA||Directly from your high school|
|International||Directly from your high school or exam board|
- Any transcripts that have been previously opened by the student before forwarded will be deemed unofficial.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for applying and to wish you all the best all through your admission progress.