OCAD University Admission Requirements, for Ontario Secondary school, Canadian High school applicants, International high school applicants, International Baccalaureates.
OCAD University Admission is ongoing for all interested candidates who want to apply for admission into ocad .
OCAD Admission Requirements and Processes are as follows:
THE ACADEMIC AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To gain Admission into the OCAD University’s undergraduate programs applicant must meet maximum academic entrance requirements and submit:
For the international applicant:
- declaration of Intent (it’s required for all programs) and
- Portfolio (required for all studio BFA, BDes programs) or
- Writing illustration (required for the BA in Visual and vital Studies)
- certified transcripts
- English Language aptitude Test results (if required)
For Ontario Secondary School applicants:
- Successful achievement of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Grade 12 U English (ENG4U or EAE4U) with a bare minimum ultimate grade of 70%
- A total of at least six Grade 12 U or M level courses (including ENG4U or EAE4U) with a maximum general academic standard of 70%
Note: any applicants that their first language is not English language and who have not completed at least four successive years of high school in an English-medium school system you are also required to submit a successful English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT) results in addition to ENG4U.
For Canadian high school applicants from outside Ontario:
- Graduated high school
- The equivalent of 70% least amount standard in university elementary courses
- Senior-level academic English course maximum final grade of 70% and/or equivalent test
Complete information can be found here, Academic Requirements by Province.
For international high school applicants:
Secondary School Graduation equivalent to Grade 12 in Ontario with a general average of B or 70% numeric equivalent in the final year and:
- If you are applying from a country or school scheme with English as the certified language of tutoring, the lowest amount grade of B or 70% numeric equivalent in English 12 or equivalent course is essential.
- Any applicant applying from a country or school scheme with a language other than English as the official language of instruction, OR if your first language is not English and you have not completed at least four consecutive years of high school in an English-medium school system, you are required to present the successful results of an English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT).
All international students must have a valid Study Permit/Student Visa before registering at OCAD University. We strongly commend that you submit an application for your study permit as soon as the offer of admission is conventional.
International Baccalaureate (IB): The admission standard for an IB Diploma candidate is normally considered on 3 Higher Level and 3 average Level subjects. A bare minimum ending score of 24 points is essential.
Note that: Applicants not carrying out the full IB Diploma must provide official transcripts and verification of Secondary School Graduation equivalent to Grade 12 in Ontario with a general standard of B or 70% numeric equivalent in the final year and satisfy English admittance supplies.