McGill University Graduate Programs , English Language Proficiency Test Requirements, Application Deadline, Required Document
McGill University Admission for Graduate Studies is ongoing for all interested applicants: Learn more about our Graduate Studies, Application processes, Programs, and Admission Requirements:
McGill University Graduate Programs
Proficiency Proof – not Required
Applicants who are able to meet any of the following conditions are not required to submit proof of English proficiency Test:
Mother tongue (language first learned and still used on a daily basis) is English
- The applicant who has obtained (or is about to obtain) an undergraduate or graduate degree from a standard institution in Canada or the United States of America (Anglophone or francophone) does not require English Proof.
- An applicant has obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from a standard foreign institution where English is the language of instruction
- Has lived and attended university, or been employed, for at least four consecutive years, in a country where English is the acknowledged primary language.
- TOEFL: minimum acceptable scores are;
The CBT is no longer offered .it will no longer be accepted as ETS no longer reports these results.
N.B. an institutional edition of the TOEFL is not acceptable
- IBT (Internet-Based Test):86 in general, should not be less than 20 in each of the four component scores
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): a band score of 6.5 or greater (academic module).
Programs and Chart|McGill University Graduate Programs
- Kindly Click here to view all programs and faculty charts.
Prospective applicants for summer/fall 2022 admission should consult the deadline by clicking here
- Apply online
- Submit your supporting documents
- Submit your test scores
Below are the required documents that are essential for admission:
- Two (2) letters of approval are usually essential.
- You must specify on the application form two instructors who are well-known with your work, and who are eager to write the letters of approval
- You must provide a valid institutional e-mail address for each referee.
- Tuition fees for international Applicant 857.50 per credit
- For Canadian applicants 283.52 per credit.
For more information about McGill click here
Guideline For Visa Check Here