Taking part in the largest scientific experiment in the world. CERN needs more than physicists and engineers – if you’re a student, a graduate, just starting your career or an experienced professional, whatever your field of expertise, CERN could be your next opportunity.
CERN Technical Studentship Description
- Country: Geneva, Switzerland
- Institute: CERN Internship
- Eligibility: Bachelors and Masters
- No. of Participants: 80/Department
- Program Expenses: Fully Funded
- Program Duration: Minimum 2 Months
- Deadline: 7th November 2022
CERN Studentship Programs:
- Applied Physics,
- Electronics Engineering,
- General or Civil Engineering;
- mathematics, and robotics;
- material and surface science;
- mechanical engineering.
Financial Benefits of CERN Technical Studentship
All the Participants that will be shortlisted and selected for this program will be given Full funding. CERN will cover:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An Allowance of 3319 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A Round Airfare travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
- Are you currently studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree? OR Graduated Then Must Apply for the Summer Internship in Switzerland.
Eligibility Criteria & Qualifications
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State and studying in a Member State or Associate Member State.
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s or Master’s) by the time of the next student selection committee taking place in February 2023
- You remain registered as a full-time student during the internship.
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
You will need the following documents, clearly labeled (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
How to Apply
You have to Apply Online. The link to Apply for each position is mentioned in the table.
|Name of Program||Location|
|Technical Studentship – General / Civil Engineering 2023-1||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Technical Studentship-Electrical / Electronics Engineering 2023-1||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Technical Studentship – IT, Mathematics & Robotics 2023-1||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Technical Studentship – Mechanical Engineering 2023-1||Meyrin, Switzerland|
|Technical Studentship – Applied Physics 2023-1||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Technical Studentship – Material & Surface Science 2023-1||Geneva, Switzerland|
To apply for this job please visit careers.smartrecruiters.com.