How to become a pharmacist in Canada – High School Subjects, College requirements, Duration to become a Pharmacist, average salary of pharmacists.
To become a Pharmacist you need to attain some certain education qualification which you will learn more after reading this article.
Pharmacists are defined as a healthcare professional that specializes in the right way to use, store, preserve, and provide medicine. They as well guide on how to use medications, and also They can guide you on how to use medications, and let you know about any potential adverse effects of what you take. They fill prescriptions issued by doctors and other healthcare professionals.
There are many ways for students interested in a career as a pharmacist, with practical planning, students can decrease their time spent in school as well as the cost and extra unnecessary classes and earn their white coast sooner rather than later.
Students should take class in the following subjects that will take to advance level
To maintain the basic skill needed in becoming a pharmacist, students are advice to pursue STEM, healthcare, or communication.
Some thoughts of extracurricular might include:
- Science Olympiad
- Debate team
- School newspaper
- Working in a nursing home
- HOSA (Future Health Professionals, formerly Health Occupations Students of America).
Undergraduate + Graduate School Path—The fact that prerequisites vary by school but the commonly needed classes includes:
- General chemistry with lab (2 semesters)
- Organic chemistry with lab (2 semesters)
- Biology with lab (2 semesters)
- Microbiology with lab (1-2 semesters)
- Physics with lab (2 semesters)
- Human anatomy with lab
- Psychology (1-2 semesters)
- English (2 semesters)
The advantage of these programs is two-fold:
Students may not take the PCAT (pharmacy College Admission Test), and students get their pharmD on accelerate timeline. Students who have their undergraduate degree first will spent 8 years to get a pharmD (4 years undergraduate and 4years PharmD) and 6 in opposite to 6 years of a two degree program.
Since pharmacists are valued and as well the huge amount of training they undergo they are well compensated about an average of $128,710 annually.
- University of Oxford. Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Harvard University. Cambridge, United States.
- Monash University. Melbourne, Australia.
- University of Toronto. Toronto, Canada.
- University of California, San Francisco. San Francisco, United States.
- University of Cambridge. Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- University of Nottingham.
To apply for Canadian college of Pharmacists kindly click here
See also>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Biomedical Science in Malaysia