How to Become a Med Lab-scientist, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Basic salary, basic skill Required, jobs in the med laboratory.
Medical Laboratory Scientist employment has a good outlook because it is a vital part of Canada’s healthcare system read more and learn more below.
To become an MLT you must first:
- Find entry-level work
- Earn at least ASCP certification
- Get a high school diploma
- Gain a clinical experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
It is a regulated profession in all Canadian provinces except for British Columbia Prince Edward Island (PEI), and the Territories.
- The average salary of MLT in Canada is $45,495 per year or $23.33 per hour
- Entry-level positions start at $34,938 per year and $60,408 per year.
- Knowledge of chemistry including the safe use and disposal of chemicals.
- Knowledge of biology.
- The ability to work well with your hands.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Administration skills.
- Maths knowledge.
There are many types of laboratory professionals, including:
- Medical Laboratory Scientists.
- Medical Laboratory Technicians.
- Molecular Biologists.
- Pathologists’ Assistants.
- Clinical Chemists.
Lab technicians need at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent to work. Most companies prefer at least an Associate’s Degree in Laboratory Science or a related major. It can be helpful to earn a degree from an institution accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Health Education and Health Communication.
- Human Anatomy.
- Human Physiology.
- PC Software Lab.
- Bio-Medical Waste Management.
- Communication Lab.
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Analytical chemist.
- Biomedical scientist.
- Crime scene investigator.
- Forensic scientist.
- Scientific laboratory technician.
See also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THE CRYPTO BULL MARKET TO RISE AGAIN ON JULY