How to Become a Laboratory Scientist- scientist, Jobs in Med Laboratory, Subject in Laboratory, basic Skills required, estimated salary.
Becoming a Lab-Scientist requires variety of skills and as well education qualification to enable you being employ and as well being expose to the basic ideas. learn more on how to become an MLT below.
To become a MLT you must first:
- Find entry level work
- Earn at least ASCP certification
- Get a high school diploma
- Gain a clinical experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
It is a regulated profession in all Canada provinces except for British Columbia Prince Edward Island (PEI), and the Territories.
- The average salary of MLT in Canada is $45,495 per year or $23.33 per hour
- Entry level positions start at $34,938 per year and $60,408 per year.
- Knowledge of chemistry including the safe use and disposal of chemicals.
- Knowledge of biology.
- The ability to work well with your hands.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Administration skills.
- Maths knowledge.
There are many types of laboratory professionals, including:
- Medical Laboratory Scientists.
- Medical Laboratory Technicians.
- Molecular Biologists.
- Pathologists’ Assistants.
- Clinical Chemists.
Lab technicians need at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent to work. Most companies prefer at least an Associate’s Degree in Laboratory Science or related major. It can be helpful to earn a degree from an institution accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Health Education and Health Communication.
- Human Anatomy.
- Human Physiology.
- PC Software Lab.
- Bio-Medical Waste Management.
- Communication Lab.
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Analytical chemist.
- Biomedical scientist.
- Crime scene investigator.
- Forensic scientist.
- Scientific laboratory technician.
See also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How to Become a Dermatologist in Canada